Saturday, September 27, 2008

San Diego

Dan and I just got back from a fantastic vacation to San Diego. My parents have a time share condo on Pacific Beach so we tagged along with them,my younger sister Noelle and her baby Sophie. Dan's family also lives there so it was a great way to kill 2 birds with one stone and see both our families at once. We did a lot of fun things while we were there, but we also relaxed and did nothing at times and that was the best part for me.

Our condo was right on the beach and we fell asleep to the waves crashing. It was wonderful!

Here is a view from our balcony:



We went to Lego Land which was okay, but overrated. It's a little over priced for what there is to do. Maybe we would have liked it better if we had younger children, but the only thing that caught our attention was Mini Land.

The skyline of New York - all made from Legos




Las Vegas



Dan dragged me to his favorite high school hangout... TIJUANA, MEXICO! I loved Tijuana as a kid because I could buy all sorts of junk for pennies, but I had no desire to go this time. Like the good wife I am, I went along and put a smile on my face although the whole time I wanted to go home and lay out on the beach.

This is the Tijuana Taco Bell that we have to stop at every time we go.
The tacos are 3 for $1 and they're actually pretty good for a hole in a wall.

I bought Sophie a little Mexican dress which was the cutest thing I've ever seen.
That purchase alone was worth the trip to scummy Tijuana.


We spent a lot of time on the beach, which was my favorite part. I took a good book and read the whole time (while I was not taking pictures of my adorable niece).

She loved the pigeons

Mom, Noelle, & Sophie


My mom and I also took Sophie to the San Diego zoo. I never get tired of going to the zoo, as childish as that may sound. It was so fun watching Sophie take in everything, but her favorite thing to watch was the green people movers that moved overhead. She spent hours watching those go by. It was hilarious!


We also went to Mt. Soledad which is in La Jolla and overlooks the whole city of San Diego. The view was spectacular from there.


We gave Sophie a piece of licorice on the way home
from Mt. Soledad...BIG MISTAKE!


9 comments:

Molly said...

Looks so fun! We've had a time share on PB (on the other side of Crystel Pier from where you were staying) since I was 3 or so and your pictures take me back to a place I know and love so well. In 30 years we've never gotten sick of San Diego. Now we take my kiddos and THEY love it. You just can't beat the beach!!

Anonymous said...

Those photos turned out so darling. I can't get over how cute Stinky is in that Mexican dress with that smirk on her face. Thanks again for taking such good care of her the whole week...it was a fantastic and needed break!

K. Lou said...

How fun! your pictures are sure fun to look at. I'm glad you guys could be there with family. sophie is getting big! Cutie!

Hansen Family said...

We love San Diego, it is such a fun place to visit! Looks like you guys had a great time. You guys are quite the travelers I'm jealous!

Melanie said...

Fun trip, Mer! The thought of falling asleep to the sound of waves crashing on the beach would be worth it alone, in my book. That little Sophie is too cute. The picture of her sitting in her little Mexican dress is priceless.

JJuracan and family said...

I am so homesick ;-( But I am really glad you guys had fun!

Allie said...

Can Sophie be any cuter?! She is such a Racker! I love it! I want to squeeze those cheeks! I'm glad you had such a great time.

Gertge Family said...

That dress is a crack up! I love it!
We are going to San Diego with Ken's entire family (all 38 of us) by car no less on Christmas Day!!!
Are you so excited for me??
I know....I'm a brat, but I'm dreading it a little if you can't tell.
I'm hoping the kids will like Lego Land & since we are not paying for that I'm sure they will.
We are excited for the beach. Your pictures all turned out super cute. I'll have to show my kids to get them pumped!

Hillary said...

That looked like a lot of fun! It is so fun seeing pictures of your cute family!! You look so cute and Sophie is adorable!