My sister Natalie and her best friend Holly came into town this past week and I was able to play hostess for a few days. We had a great time going to the Baltimore aquarium, eating, and watching the Olympics. (That's another reason I haven't posted for quite some time...I have been GLUED to the TV watching Michael Phelps).

Nat & I fought over who got to hold Sophie.
We can't get enough of this girl!


On Friday morning we took a day trip up to the Baltimore aquarium.
It's an amazing aquarium, but there were so many people there that day that it made it unbearable. We didn't even get to see half the things there were to see. But we did see....
TARANTULAS
SHARKS
& STING RAYS (plus a lot more, just didn't take pictures of every little thing I saw)



The highlight of the day was when I was asked to be a volunteer at the dolphin show. They had me get up in front of thousands of people and pretend I was a dolphin trainer. I learned some hand signals they use to get the dolphins to jump and I saw them in action.
Here the guy is explaining what it takes to be a dolphin trainer (notice my face on the screen up on the top right side of the photo but please don't notice the wedgie I have). Or you can see it here (my face that is)....
EMBARRASSING huh??
Loved the waders
Because I was such a good dolphin trainer, they let me touch the dolphin.
What a lucky girl I am!
The Baltimore aquarium is a great place, but it's definitely no Sea World!
Here the guy is explaining what it takes to be a dolphin trainer (notice my face on the screen up on the top right side of the photo but please don't notice the wedgie I have). Or you can see it here (my face that is)....
EMBARRASSING huh??
Loved the waders
Because I was such a good dolphin trainer, they let me touch the dolphin.What a lucky girl I am!
The Baltimore aquarium is a great place, but it's definitely no Sea World!


8 comments:
Wow, congrats on getting your degree in Animal Training! Impressive for a resume.
I'm wishing I had a sister. Looks like you guys had so much fun.
HOW fun that you got to be a dolphin trainer! I like the little graduate cap and little body that they have on the screen with your face.
Did you go to the Ravens stadium to watch Michael Phelps attempt (and win) his 8th gold medal last night? I bet that whole town is seriously going crazy. So much fun.
Cool! What a fun day! I wish I could hang out with more of my siblings. You're lucky to have sisters your age.
You guys look so cute. I am still dying to go to D.C. I should have attended that trip. I think my invitation from Natalie is lost in the mail...It would mean more fighting over who gets to hold Sophie.She is so dang cute. I love her.
Very Fun!
I get so jealous of "sisters" & all their fun outings.
Lucky!
I saw Nat at the airport on her way out to see you guys. It was funny.
Hi Merianne! It's Nikki Phillips. I was scopin' out your blog, and I really like the pictures of you and your sisters. I love the Racker Girls!!! If you should ever feel inclined to scope out my blog, send me your email address to nicoletreese@hotmail.com so I can add you to view my blog. I am one of those private blog dorks.
Those photos turned out cute...you need to update my blog with a few of those photos... :)
Looks like so much fun. I lived in Kensington, MD for four years and loved it. It's good to see photos of Nat and Holly. I don't keep in touch with very many people from HS. It looks like everyone is doing well.
Melissa
Post a Comment