I've had several people ask me to post my Thai recipes on my blog, but the bummer thing about that is that I have to type them all up and some of them are long, so I'll just post one a day. Here's the recipe for the garlic shrimp. It was indeed my favorite!Thai Garlic Shrimp
Ingredients:
*12-15 medium to large shrimp or prawns (if frozen, allow to thaw quickly in a bowl of cool water.
*2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
2 Tbsp. soy sauce (or tamari-soy sauce with no wheat)
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
6-7 cloves minced garlic (or 1 1/2 Tbsp. prepared pureed garlic)
2-3 Tbsp. canola (or other oil) for stir-frying
Optional: 1-2 fresh red chilies, minced (de-seeded if you prefer less spice) omit for mild shrimp
Garnish:
lime or lemon wedges
handful of fresh coriander (cilantro)
Preparation:
Make the marinade/sauce by combining in a mixing bowl: oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and 1/2 the fresh chili (if using). Stir well.
If your shrimp are shelled or raw, remove all of the shell up to the tail (leaving the tail on makes them easier to eat, but you can cut them off if you'd prefer).
Devein the shrimp by running a sharp knife along the spine of the shrimp to remove the black "vein".
Optional: if you want "butterfly shrimp", make an inch long cut into the end of each shrimp (through the spine where you removed the vein).
Place shrimp in the marinade and stir well to coat.
Heat some oil in a wok or frying pan.
When hot, add the shrimp (with the marinade).
Stir-fry 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp are plump and pink (but also lightly browned from the sauce). Enjoy!
2 comments:
Yum! I have all the ingredients for this and can't wait to make it. How do you get over the fish sauce smell, by the way? I use it for several recipes but it almost makes me gag every time. Can't wait for the Pad Thai recipe...
YES!!! I've been meaning to ask you for these ever since you did your post on the cooking class... Are you going to be posting anymore?? PLEASE DO!
Post a Comment