Instead of passing out candy to neighborhood trick-or-treaters, Dan and I decided to treat ourselves to a Brazilian steakhouse. We went to Texas de Brazil and indulged....to the point where we could barely walk out the door.
For those of you who don't know about Brazilian steakhouses you're missing out. Everybody has a card with a green and red side. The red side means, "No meat, thank you", but when you turn your card to green be prepared to be swamped by a troop of carvers serving various cuts and types of succulent meat. There is also a huge side bar offering all types of cheeses, vegetables, sushi, soups, beans, rice,....you name it they had it. After we were seated all of us went to the salad bar but Dan immediately turned his card over to green. He ate meat the whole night with out eating an ounce of the "good" stuff. He wonders why he was ready to explode this morning.
As delicious as it was, I came to the conclusion that this can only be a once a year tradition. I love meat as much as the next person, but last night was too much for me...pure gluttony!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
For me, it's not the gluttony that will make this a once a year extravaganza, but the $300 price bill that comes at the end!!!
So worth it, though.
oooo...We need to try this place. We love Fogo de Chao!!!
And honestly, nothing says Halloween better than pure, unadulterated GLUTTONY! At least you were eating protein and not chocolate. :)
I LOVE Brazilian steakhouses! but $300!? We have one here in Provo that is so good and it is only like $15 per Adult (all you can eat). You paid too much.
And Mer...I couldn't stop my girls from trick or treating if I wanted to...their step-dad is still going with them and he's in his 30's! They had way too much fun to stop them. (I'm doing everything I can to keep the kids instead of teens!)
You all should have dressed up like meat eating dinosaurs...that would have REALLY made the experience worth the cash.
-Carrie
Joanna, this place runs circles around Rhodesia Grille, or whatever that one in Provo is called. The difference between this place and the one you're talking about is the same as the difference between Outback and Morton's. The meat at this place is worth every penny.
well, excuse me! Oh and by the way, did you get the song that Marco sent you?
I will expect you to take us there if we ever come and visit you...this meat better do some pretty cool tricks for it to cost that much.
Dan, that "Jolynn" was me. My friend used my computer earlier and her name was still logged on. Sorry Mer!
Hi Mer! It's been ages since I've seen you, but I read your blog from time to time through Allie. Sounds like life is treating you well. If you're ever in Utah for a visit, let me know - I would love to catch up in person. It's been way too long.
That sounds so fun, and delicious. I really want to go to a brazilian steakhouse sometime. Fun date!
Post a Comment