Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pumpkin Dump Cake

A few years ago my cousin gave me the recipe for "Pumpkin Dump Cake", and has since been my favorite "Fall" recipe.

I know that the word "dump" should never be in the name of the recipe...but don't let the title fool you. Once you've eaten this you'll think you've died and gone to heaven....it's THAT good!

Oh...and it's easy! All you do is "dump" all the ingredients in a 9"x13" baking dish. Give it a try!

PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE
29 oz. can pumpkin (or 4 cups)
1 can evaporated milk
3 beaten eggs
1 C. Sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger

Mix ingredients, put on bottom of 13X9 pan

1 white or yellow cake mix
1 1/2 sticks melted butter

sprinkle cake mix on top then pour over melted butter.
cook at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

8 comments:

JJuracan and family said...

That sounds MUCH easier than my traditional pumpkin cake I make every year...this year I am making the dump cake instead!!! yummy

Conservative Futurist said...

And why is this not in my belly???

Melanie said...

Can't wait to try it, Mer!

The Preece Family said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to try it this weekend...

Jaclyn said...

This is one of my favorites too!

Eliza said...

Yum...I am a bit of a pumpkin enthusiast; perhaps you could say more accurately that I am obsessed with all things pumpkin, particularly in the fall. I am going to try this this week!

K. Franklin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K. Franklin said...

Sounds awesome- will def. have to try it. Anything you pour melted butter on HAS to be yummy! :p